Wednesday 19 January 2011

Lets play a new game, get lost and find your way

18th January

I woke up quite early today. The breakfast put on by the hostel isnt too bad. Lots of bread, watermelon, ugly looking apples and oranges, orange diluted juice, cereal and tea. At least it aint just crossaints  (Stupid previous hostel. A crossaint does not warrent a decent breakfast).
Unfortuantly, I have no idea what to do. So in a desperate attempt to entertain myself, I left the hostel and walked to the plaza. To my horror, I already been here previously. Theres the same pink government building. Theres the same field with barbed fence put up to deter the passive protestors. Same old stuff. But at this point, I have a pretty good grasp on using the map and finding my way about. So I decided to walk south...alot.

I walked through alot of shady parts, parts that isnt probably tourist orientated. Lucky it was daylight. I did see some things on the way. I found the San something market place,    an anqitue market and alot of boutiques.   Other than that, nothing much to say really. I got back to the hostel and made dinner. Now this is worth a read.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
        Make mash potatoes

Yes. I made mash potatoes. It was slightly lumpy, but it was edible. And tasty.
So here was my dish:
. Stir fried mushrooms, roots and carrots
. Grilled steak
. 4 baby tomatoes
. One mashed potato with a hint of milk

But Im starting to think, eating all these fried dishes isnt too healthy. So Im going to try boil mushrooms and stuff tomorow.

At 2030, the hostel put on free tango lessons. I obviously joined in. Unfortuantly, my dance partner only stayed around for the initial 8 basic steps. She was actually quite bad. This didnt deter my enjoyment though, because soon I got to dance with the dance instructor.  But I didnt get to join in for the sandwich and the decorations. This is when the male sandwiches the females foot with both his feet, then he retreats with his left.
The female then sandwiches his foot, and begins using her leg as the decoration. And you know whats the best bit? The male hardly does anything. He is just the frame and leading. Thats awesome.

             

No comments:

Post a Comment