Sunday 23 January 2011

A lesson in BBQ

So today, I did nothing. Again. Now that isnt a bad thing. Its nice to do nothing. Its more fun to do nothing. Especially when you get to stay indoors, out of the super hot sunlight. CURSE YOU OZONE LAYER


I did put on a BBQ today though. My idea. So, this being the first one I will have had prepared my own food (my mum marinates and all), I entrusted the all mighty internet to guide my hands to cooking.

So what I did first was create my marinating sauce. I chopped and squashed 9 cloves of garlic, mixed it with red wine, two table spoons of olive oil, black peppers and chilli powder.

I then threw in four pieces of meat, for four hours in the refrigerator.

Near BBQ time, I sliced 3 bananas in half, sliced a potato in wedges. NOW TO THE GRILL.

The meat didnt turn out too good. It had flavour, but  the piece I bought was full of these tendons, making eating real chewy. Next time I buy more expensive meat. The bananas were delish though. Potatoes were mixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment