Saturday 15 January 2011

13th Jan morning

Well, today I went to visit La Boca. Its a small area of BA near the port. I won't tell its history here.

I went with two girls, maia and Cylese. They were quite ok, but they didnt bring any money so our activities were limited. So when they decided to go home, I stayed behind. And I am glad I did.

La Boca is an extremely colourful town, materials made from timber and tin. Tango and craftsmanship is plenty here, with many artists on the roads show casing their art. I looked at the local art, which was quite good. Some not so much because I don't like the style. I also visited a few museums. They were utter crap, but I might as well explore the art history abit right?

The most fun I had however was from talking to the local people and watching the tango dances put on by the cafe to intice tourists to drink and eat. The locals are very friendly, and i couldnt step 20 metres without talking to someone. It certainly helps when they know english. The cafes are definitely worth going to. A whole street is dedicated to cafes, and all put on their own shows. Food is abit pricey but I bought a drink nonetheless. Banana milkshake.

No comments:

Post a Comment