Wednesday 2 February 2011

Lets experiment

2nd Febuary

Today I woke up at....2pm. Late right? I didnt even go out too. I went to sleep at 12 30. How odd.

Alas, I did nothing today. I believe its my fault for arranging to stay in Buenos Aires for so long. I pretty much seen all that is to be seen, experienced all that there is to experience (except the food). So what does one do on such a boring day? Experimental cooking.

I got my tanned hands on some flour, eggs, chicken, chilli powder and a potato.

FIRST EXPERIMENT - What happens to grilled battered chicken?

Well, it doesnt turn out too well. Grilling battered chicken burns the batter faster without cooking the chicken itself. Frying is definitely better, as you can fry on a low heat to cook inside the chicken. I tried it with the grill, but the batter is just too sensitive to heat.

SECOND EXPERIMENT - What happens when you grill potatos aftr boiling them

Now as some may know, I grilled potato slices before when I did my first BBQ. It didnt go well. The potato went really dry and crusty looking. So to combat this, I boiled the potato so that it doesnt dry up. I then grilled it. It turns out wonderfully. Inside is still smushy and tasty, with no hard bits, just crunchy on the outside.

THIRD EXPERIMENT - What happens when you make mash potatoes with only butter and no milk?

It doesnt turn out that nice. End of.

So tonight, I took Rebecca out for a drink. Yes. Just one drink. Its her last night here, might as well be a gentleman about it. And as I type this, I think I may go out to a bar and play pool. Pool is fun. Although I fear my sleeping habits is starting to resemble a vampire´s.

No comments:

Post a Comment