Saturday 19 February 2011

Im so tired...can´t...walk...zzzz

18th Febuary

Sup...tired...movie marathon...was...aaaawwwWWWWSOMMEE!!!

Due Date was an amazing start to the marathon. Witty, funny, a mexican border chase scene, OMG it was flipping hilarious! Oh I do love Robert´s acting. Him combined with the naturally funny Zach was an amazing idea. Now I´m no movie critic, as I´m just a normal movie fan, so I don´t understand why this movie hasn´t got higher reviews, but I personally recommend this film to anyone.

Red was a nice action flick. It doesn´t hold a candle light compared to The Expendibles or The A-Team, but it does feature a very interesting cast, starring Bruce Willis of course. Now who doesn´t love Bruce Willis. He was born to be the bad ass action hero who can take out a clean up team armed with M60 machine guns with just his hands and a pistol. Oh and spoilers.

Dinner for Schmucks was an interesting film. It features a plot I never seen before, so it was definitely a breathe of fresh air for me. Starring Steve Carrel and Paul Rudd, where Steve plays a man who is trying to get a promotion, but in order to do that, he must find one heck of an idiot to take with him to his boss´s dinner party, where all guests bring their own idiots and make fun of them. Steve´s acting in this film is like his other films, bloody good. I just love it.  Paul plays a very convincing character, the idiot, whos hobby is to rescue dead mice and dress them up and place them into positions, such as the Mona Lisa and The Last Meal. Lovely story line, wonderful characters and funny situations. A good movie for a saturday night.

Get to the Greek is a movie I´m quite mixed about. I was never a huge fan of Brand, but theres something about his laid back attitude in this movie just draws me in. I won´t say much about this movie, so if you´re really interested, give it a go. If not, you won´t miss much by not watching it.

Hot tub time machine was a great movie. Unfortuantly its one of those movies you can only watch one time. If I must compare, it really reminds me of American Pie, with its amusing cast of characters and the messed up situations they get into. Obviously, the movie revolves around a hot tub, which sends them back into 1986, where everything was hip, drug taking and communisim was a real precieved threat. The acting wasn´t the best I´ve seen, but if you like boobs, a warm ending and mainly American Pie, give this film a go.

Now the last movie, Burlesque. The film is about Allie, played by Christina Aguilera, who wants to do something with her life. So she leaves little Ohio, and travels to the bright lights of LA. She wanders into a Burlesque club, and her career starts there. Unfortuantly, Tess, played by Cher, who is the club owner, must fight of the bank from taking her club as she can´t keep up with payments. But that changes when Allie is discovered and a new hope is sparked in the club. Now I admit, I felt very uncomftable at times when watching this movie, because it is obviously a chick flick. But when Christina starts singing and dancing, I just didn´t care. Her singing is outstanding in this film, and so is her dancing, and best of all, her acting. This movie is an amazing debut to her acting career and she should be proud of it. Cher was likewise very amazing, playing a very convincing character. But the movie wouldn´t have been as good without the back up cast. So if you like flashy dancing, amazing singing and fancy Christina, you must definitely watch this film. Or Glee.

Now that the movie reviews are over, this is how my day went. I didn´t go to sleep. I had breakfast, Left this hostel and travelled to my next one. Which is called...something I can´t remember. But its more expensive, but at least its nearer to my next sight seeing destinations, the museums of art and culture. But damn, that movie marathon really took it out on me. When I got to this hostel, my bed wasn´t ready yet, so I accidently fell asleep in the front room while watching TV. To my dismay, when Gustavo, the hostel owner woke me up to take me to my room, there was a little drool on the cushion. Yeah. Ew. So I went to sleep and woke up at around 4 or 5ish. Bought some food at the super market, and started cooking.

Today I decided to cook some fish. So I bought two de-scaled fishes, two potatoes and flour.
I mixed the flour with three eggs, a dab of milk and oil, whisked it with a spoon to form the batter.
Unfortuantly, when I was about to dip the fishes, I found out they still had their bones. So I set out to try take them out. But whenever I took a bone out, the flesh just fell apart. So I gave up, and just dipped them in the batter and fried them. But don´t worry, the bones are edible. I didn´t choke or anything.
I washed, peeled and cut the potatoes into chips. But because I had so much batter left over, I threw them in the batter and fried them. Note, batter fried chips is very nice. Now there may have been a risk of food poisoning, because the batter was first used with the fish. But my reasoning was, if I cook the batter properly, there shouldn´t be anything wrong!
Over the course of time, I ruined two batches of chips. First because I was on Facebook, so the batter burned. I was too lazy to try clear off the burned side, so I just threw it in the bin. Potatoes are very cheap anyway. 50p for both potatoes. The second batch burned because I was playing Foosball. Likewise, I also threw these away. But all in all, I still had too much food, so I put the fish and chips in tumberware, put it in the fridge and now looking foward to eating them tomorrow for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment