Monday 7 March 2011

Oh the pain....oh the pain..

6th March

hey all. I have had no sleep at all. Instead of going to sleep for a bit before my bus ride at 0310, i decided to drink! Thats right! Drink! Thats logical isnt it. And the bus ride itself was such a pain. I could not catch any Zzz at all, due to the terrible chairs. Im sure they were designed to destroy neck muscles. So I wasn't so happy that we missed our stop. The bus driver was meant to wake us up, but he must have forgotten, but thankfully, he took us back on his route back to Cordoba, meaning we didn't have to pay another fee.

Arriving at Cerro Uritorco, I could feel the cold chill. But thankfully it we were told it was going to warm up by the taxi office. I felt like shit by the way. I have had barely any sleep, so I'm in a real shit state to climb a mountain. So we took a taxi to the base, where I then purchased 2 chocolate sweets. Thats right, Im going to do this trek with only chocolates and toffees (provided by Lu) to sustain me. Nutritious!!!

The climb itself was fairly easy at the beginning. But the path was very rocky and stoney...not smooth at all. This would eventually cause me great pain later on. But in the first stage, no trouble at all. What made the climb more fun was the alternative paths I took.Whenever there was a shortcut, I would immediately get on all fours and scale the steep path. Its such great fun, until I touch some Aloe Vera or cactus plants.

As we made it higher, the path became harder as the path became more unstable. But still no trouble, just tiresome. Eventually we arrived to Bony's house. This fellow, according to the Cerro Uritorco website, lives on the mountain and knows alot about its mystical nature, such as Elks, UFOs, and tunnels into the next dimension. Unfortuantly, when I broke into the house, it was empty. Unfortuant but it was interesting to see the house nonetheless. After this, I once again took...uh...unconventional methods to climbing the mountain. I didnt get too far,so I had to descent back to the path again...

As I got nearer to the summit, I could no longer walk. My feet were hurting, my legs were dying and I was exausted. exausted!!!!!!! But I eventually made it to the summit and took a nap and ate one of my chocolate sweets as celebration. Strangely enough, the summit is full of stray dogs...

Now descending this mountain was a bitch. I say again, a bitch. I never knew feet could hurt so much. Every time I had to make a drop, I had to mentally brace myself for the incoming pain that will shock my body as I land. It was just so oh so painful. Descending the mountain was so much harder than ascending. Im sure it took me longer too. But as a nice feature, I saw two Condor eagles fly above me. That was pretty sweet as I listened to Evan Blue.

So I reached the base one hour after Lu, then we took the taxi to the bus terminal, got on the coach, got back to Cordoba by 8ish, then I went out dancing at a night club and drinking. HOORAY FOR STUPID BEHAVIOUR!! Initially, I was with 4 people, then i ended up with 2 other guys because the initial group disappeared in another taxi. But a good night nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment