Friday 11 March 2011

Horse riding!

10th March

The bus ride sucked. Well, waiting for the bus did. My bus to Mendoza was well late, and that does not bond well with the 25kg of back weight I'm carrying. The sandwiches didn't get eaten as well. On another note, I had a spanish conversation with this girl who sat next to me. I must say, I'm fairly surprised I managed a 5 minute conversation.

So I arrived at some unknown time, but it was day light. I didn't know where my hostel was, so I had to use google maps. Dang the thing is useful. So the hostel itself is very nice. Its called Lagras Hostel. More expensive than what I would like, around 6 quid a night, but the staff is so friendly, roomy kitchen, and just a nice vibe.

So I left the hostel, and went locating this activity provider that was recommended on the Lonely Planet. After reaching the supposingly correct address, it turned out to be a perfume shop. A closed one too. So I gave up and returned to the hostel. But on the way, with luck, I managed to find an activity provider, and after a few enquiries, it turned out to be the one I was looking for! So swiftly joining today's horse riding excursion, I returned to the hostel to prepare for the trip.

At 1610, the van came and picked me up. We went up to the mountain ranch, mounted up and rode up the barren lands. We went up steep sides, went down, just general stuff. It was exciting riding the horse though, I even managed to get her running, because naturally I want to be in front of the line. So I directed the horse to the side and trotted foward. Its hard making her run without the full commands, so I generally hit the rump, gave her two kicks and a few clicks and a woop. Yeah, confusing. But it worked. Afterwards, we had BBQ and wine. Unfortuantly I had too much wine, ended up puking and going back to the hostel with a dizzy head.

No comments:

Post a Comment