Wednesday 3 August 2011

The pirates life is not the life for me

Hey everyone.

I'm off the 3 day boat ride now, but I will blog according to the days I was there.

Day 1

Walking to the port is so long. I decided not to get a taxi just to save money. But there was time to get breakfast so the morning was not all bad. An interesting sight did come up however; we saw a door that was half the height of me! I try include the picture.

Arriving at the port, I boarded without any propels, hanged up my hammock and went up deck to sun tan. The food here consist mainly of carbohydrates such as rice and pasta, with meat, beans and sometimes a salad. Great food, and if there's any left over we are allowed to help ourselves, so I'm always full.

Day 2 

Done nothing. I found out that above my hammock is a power socket. So just been reading my books via iPhone and listening to music. It has dawned on me that the sunsets look bloody amazing out here. 

Day 3 

It's starting to get real boring here very fast. Finished reading my books; soldiers son series by Robin Hobb. I highly recommend her. So to pass the time, I tend go stare at the birds that fly by, the sandy beaches along the river and other boats. Still....I'm so bored. Thank technology for games or I would have jumped in the river and attempt to reach land. At least the boat is making good progress despite going upstream.

No comments:

Post a Comment