Tuesday 16 August 2011

Belem at last!!

Thank the Lord I made it off that boat.

So I found the hostel easily enough. No more room in the dorms though so we got a double for 32 reals. Not a bad price. At first....

We did quite alot in Belem, mainly due to this other traveller who kept on persuading me to leave the fan. So we visited the amazon reserve, and this one was much better than the previous. I got to saw several monkeys, where one of them managed to escape it's
Cage. I saw jaguars, a man-sized owe and rat cat hybrids. Also iguanas, vultures ripping wart mice with bone crunching sounds to boot. Bloody awesome. And on the way to the reserve, we visited a church thats meant to be quite odd. Meh. See one old church, seen them all.

On the next day we visited the old market place. It's just a massive place full of fruit sellers, mini restaurants, juices, herbal remedies for things like diabetes and such. Probably don't work though judging by their colour. I also saw a lot of homeless bums and a clown...

I also went on an incredibly boring walk around town. Yeah, that was great fun, getting lost. But I hot to see mote of Belem, it's parks, colorful buildings that won't stand out in vietnam...yeah...

No comments:

Post a Comment