Saturday 18 June 2011

No Loki but theres Point!!

Hey everyone.

Since my last post, I have been disappointed to find out that Sean and I could not get jobs at Loki, after being tagged along for 2 weeks. But after a quick stop at Wild Rover, we were pointed to another hostel, the Point.

As soon as we asked, we were hired on the spot. This is fantastic news as it will allow me to save large sums of money. The job will be 5 nights a week as a bartender. I will be given free accomodation, one free dinner, 1 or 2 free drinks while on the job and a 30 percent discount on all things.

So far, the work has been great. I can make most simple drinks but require help for the more difficult ones, such as pisco sour and mojitos. But thankfully, there are always veteran bartenders around to give aid. What I dont like though is that I really have to be social. Dancing, talking, yeah all that. The talking is relatively easy, as I am very used to it. The constant dancing....well...thats abit harder espescially with my dancing skills of a obese walrus.

Just recently, we had a costume party where I dressed up as the first Incan warlord. Yup. Really nice. I wore a feathered crown, Fred Flintstone dress and a cape. Unfortuantly, I later lost the hat in the dance club. But at least I didnt pay for it. Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment