Sunday 5 June 2011

Goodbye Arequipa, I will always love you

Hey everyone.

Its a sad time. My stay in Arequipa will end soon. Its been amazing here. All the friends I made amongst the GVI crew. Brap braps to Sam, Luke, Jo, Carielle, Michael, Claire, Patrick, Kat, Katrien, Ben and so much more.

On my last night in Arequipa, I went to Michael´s cervichi party. Cervichi is a South American dish, but in the peruvian style, its raw fish cooked using the acidic lime juice. The fish is then mixed with large quantities of various hot peppers and herbs. This creates an intense sour and spicy flavour. In a sense, it taste like sour spicy tuna. I also drank a fudge load and took up the hot pepper challenge. Those were the hottest peppers I have ever eaten and I will never do that again. The burning sensation is absolute killer.

Afterwards, we did more drinking.  Fun.

To prepare for the bus to Cusco, Sean and I purchased crisp, chicken and chips and water. Unfortuantly, Sean had his food carried off by Luke. I still had my food though. But some annoying child and mother took my bag of grocceries that I have been saving, consisting of cooking oil, spices, spaghetti and etc.

Arriving to Cusco was without trouble, and I got to look foward to spending more time with the GVI crew, Sam, Luke, Jo, Jess and Claire. We all went to Cusco and stayed in the same hostel, Loki. During night, we all drank, slept and our plans for Machu Pichu assembled.


1 comment: