Saturday 16 July 2011

New place, and I don't like it

Hi everyone. Lets start this blog with, I hate Puerto Maldonado. I hate it hate it hate it.

Now from the beginning. Sean and I took a 10-11 hour bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado. The journey sucked like all bus journeys do. I couldn't sleep, and as we slowly went east, the humidity of the environment increased like a slap in the face. It started to become hotter, more uncomftable and I just want to get off this stupid bus. It even rained during the journey! I havn't seen rain for a long time, so I was really thinking...yep, I'm in the jungle now.

Arriving at Puerto Maldonado was no improvement. We found out the Plaza de Armas was closed off for the opening of some stupid bridge where some stupid ex president of Peru will be present. This meant Peruvians from all over came to this small ass town, booked up all the hostels, leaving only the pricey ones for me and Sean. Well we booked one night at the hostel. It was a nice hostel, but I still hated it because hot temperatures make me angry. I literally took a shower 6 times that day just to stay cool and sweat free.

Now its the second day in Puerto Maldonado, Sean and I are in a new, but even more terrible hostel, and I just want to get the Hell out of here ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment