Thursday 19 May 2011

Its been so long

Hey fellow believers!

Sorry its been such a long time since my last post. After finding out Sean´s amazing view count, I realized my blog is far inferior to his, therefore I must make it better. So expect to see pictures and the sort.

So what have I done since my arrival in Arequipa?

- I didn't do much until Sean arrived.

Not really surprising is it? I did watch alot of episodes of Spartacus. So violent and features alot of sex scenes, so young and strict minded people, beware. Funny thing, Sean's voice really has changed. Its really gruff now, partly due to his crazy antics in Bolivia.

With Sean´s arrival, I finally left the hostel and computer. I explored more of Arequipa, went into a few museums, visited a church thing and the artisans market.
Old helmet
Maiden of seven sorrows
When the time came, we left the hostel we were at. Surprisingly, I kinda miss the hostel, mainly due to Sean and I dominating the computers. Also, the manager offered a pretty sweet deal for us; write a positive review and we get one night free! No point arguing in that.


Meeting the other members of GVI on a Friday barbecue was very interesting. But it seemed we were the only "tankers" at the time. But we did get to meet the project coordinators and managers and other staff members. Plus the barbecue was pretty decent, as well as the bar we went to.

Black Russian and White Russian for 12 soles. That's less than 3 pounds people!

As the weekend went by, the ranks of the Tankers swelled. Our numbers now include Michael, Carielle, Joanh and Claire. But honestly, Sean and I did most of the work. We moved mountains, destroyed rocks and just dominated nature overall.
Patrick (Project manager), Joanh, Michael, Carielle, Claire, Me, Sean

First day of work didn´t go too well though. Our taxi driver managed to get lost, therefore we were lost. Luckily Sean had Patrick´s number, so we quickly joined up with Patrick and Carielle. Claire and Michael were sick unfortuantly. But like I said, Sean and I did most of the work. 

Call for help!
Pic of the site

1 comment:

  1. John teach me how to update with captions under photos!

    ReplyDelete